Spinach Dip Wreath
This one stop appetizer shop features a wreath of crescent rolls filled with spinach dip and serving of hot sauce in the center for optional dipping.
- ROASTED GARLIC:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- SPINACH DIP:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano, freshly grated
- 1 cup marinated artichokes, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 2 packages crescent dough
- 1 egg (beaten, mixed with 1 tablespoon of water)
- Hot sauce (to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Trim the top off the head of garlic to expose the tops of the garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil over the exposed cloves. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes. Let the garlic cool slightly and press on the bottom of a clove to push it out of its paper. Set aside.
Decrease the oven temperature to 375ºF.
In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream, parmigiano-reggiano, artichokes, spinach, and garlic and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
On an ungreased baking sheet, arrange the crescent dough triangles in a circle with the points facing out. Overlap some of the triangles, leaving a 6-inch diameter in the center. Spread the spinach dip on top of the base of the triangles, forming a ring and leaving the center empty. Take the pointed end of the crescent dough and bring it up over the filling, pushing slightly underneath to seal. Continue with the remaining pointed ends. Brush the tops of the crescent dough with the egg wash.
Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before slicing and serving. Place a bowl of hot sauce in the center for dipping.
Tip: Fill the crescent wreath with your favorite dip or make individual stuffed crescent rolls!
You'll also love
- Peach Pie by Aunt Bee 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cranberry-Almond Broccoli Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pigs in a Cornfield - Instant Pot 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Arkansas Green Beans 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli with Sautéed... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Green Spinach Smoothie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chocolate granola bars 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy dried fruits granola bars 4.3/5 (3 Votes)