Wasabi Edamame "Hummus"
Here's a fun twist on hummus-- with an Asian twist of wasabi for some Japanese flavor. The cilantro and lime adds a bright flavor (substitute with parsley if you don't like cilantro).
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame (I buy mine at Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise (I buy mine at Trader Joe's or make your own by using mayonnaise and adding Wasabi paste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Juice of one fresh lime
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Combine a bag of shelled edamame (warmed in the microwave for 3 minutes in a covered bowl), about a 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise, a teaspoon of sesame oil, a squeeze of fresh lime, garlic, fresh basil and cilantro (to taste), kosher salt as black pepper (to taste), and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Purée until smooth.
Drizzle in more olive oil till desired thickness is achieved. Adjust salt and pepper seasoning, to taste.
Serve garnished with black sesame seeds and minced cilantro.