Irish Nachos with Guacamole
Nachos are given a tasty Irish flare by replacing tortilla chips with potato slices, then topped with onions, bell peppers, ground turkey and cheddar cheese. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
- 3 large red skinned potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from whatsgabycooking.com
In a tart pan with a removable center, line the sliced potatoes in circles, making sure to cover as much as the bottom of the pan as possible. Season with salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika and garlic salt and drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and set aside.
In a medium sized skillet drizzle olive oil to coat the pan and bring to medium high heat. Add the peppers and the onions and saute for 5 minutes. Transfer vegetable mixture on top of potatoes. Next add the ground turkey and remaining 1 teaspoon of paprika to the same skillet and saute until the turkey is fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the turkey mixture on top of the vegetables and then top with cheddar cheese.
Put the pan back into the oven for 7 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Once removed from the oven, top with Guacamole and Salsa and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Baked Beef Ravioli Recipe: An Easy... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Coconut Almond Cups II 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Slices 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Lima Bean and Dumpling Soup 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Layered Peppermint Bark 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Zucchini Stuffed with Feta & Basil 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Crab Cucumber Bites 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus 4.8/5 (8 Votes)