Linguine With Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomatoes And Cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bacon slices chopped
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sliced drained oil-packed
- sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- Minced fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly-grated Romano or Parmesan cheese for serving
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until fat is rendered and bacon begins to color, about 6 minutes. Drain off fat. Add shallots and stir 1 minute. Add cream and bring to boil. Turn off heat and add sun-dried tomatoes.
Meanwhile, cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
Return linguine to pot. Add sauce and 1/4 cup Romano and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between plates. Sprinkle with nuts and parsley. Serve, passing additional Romano separately.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1069 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (959 Votes)
- Linguine and Clams 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Skillet Linguine With Bacon And... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)