Pasta With Butternut Squash And Lima Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tspn dried thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 1/2 cups peeled butternut squash in 1/2" pieces (from about one 2-lb squash)
- 1 package frozen baby lima beans - (10 oz) thawed
- 2 cups canned vegetable broth or more if needed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 10 ounces penne pasta - (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, thyme and crushed red pepper and stir 1 minute. Add squash and lima beans and sauté 3 minutes. Add 2 cups broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Return to pot. Add squash mixture to pasta. Toss to blend, adding more broth by 1/4 cupfuls to moisten if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 358; total fat, 7 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 3 mg.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.2/5 (1334 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (1207 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.2/5 (696 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)