Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes
These potato pancakes are great to use up leftover mashed potatoes and are a family favorite!
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices, crumble, and set aside. Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.
Mix the mashed potatoes, eggs, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; stir in the crumbled bacon and Cheddar cheese.
Form the mixture into 8 patties. Heat the bacon drippings over medium heat, and pan-fry the patties in the drippings until crisp on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
You'll also love
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas 4.2/5 (359 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops 3.8/5 (438 Votes)
- Breakfast Pockets 4.3/5 (303 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.4/5 (284 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.3/5 (313 Votes)
- Panera Tomato Basil Bread 3.8/5 (429 Votes)
- Award Winning Maryland Cream of... 3.8/5 (1500 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.2/5 (315 Votes)