Chili-Orange Shrimp with Broccoli Couscous
Broccoli and couscous make a fluffy bed for spicy, sweet chili-orange shrimp with cashews and scallions to make a lovely weeknight dinner. Succulent, large shrimp, roasted cashews, and healthy veggies come together in this dish that is sure to be a hit any time of the year.
- 6 ounces broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 1 cup couscous
- Kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 large shrimp about 16 to 20 count in size
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, plus more for serving
- 2 scallions, sliced
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from womansday.com
In a food processor, finely chop the broccoli. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the couscous and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss to combine. Pour 1 1/4 cups boiling water over the top, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut away the peel and white pith from the orange. Quarter the orange lengthwise, then slice crosswise. Thinly slice the ginger, stack the slices up, then thinly slice those to create small matchsticks.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, place in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
Turn the shrimp, scatter the garlic and ginger over the top and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the chili garlic sauce and toss to coat. Add the orange and cashews and cook for 1 more minute.
Fluff the broccoli couscous with a fork. Serve the shrimp and cashews over the broccoli couscous and sprinkle with scallions and additional cashews, if desired.
You'll also love
- Florence Mama's Candied Yams 4.4/5 (109 Votes)
- Southern Shrimp & Grits 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Green Papaya Spring Rolls 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Peruvian Shrimp 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Peppered Shrimp Alfredo 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Cherry Summer Kale Salad... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Pears with Dried Apricots... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tomato, Fresh Fig, & Blue Cheese... 3.8/5 (10 Votes)