Tomato, Fresh Fig, & Blue Cheese Salad
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 large or 2 small ripe tomatoes, about 8 ounces, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh figs, cut into quarters
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese, like Fourme d’Ambert, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Black pepper
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from cooking.nytimes.com
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and salt. Whisk in oil.
In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast pine nuts, shaking the pan occasionally, until light golden, about 2 minutes.
Spread tomato slices on a large plate. Scatter fig quarters and pine nuts over tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and thyme, drizzle with dressing and finish with pepper.
You'll also love
- Salmon, Kale & Soba Noodles 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Ragù with Broken Lasagne... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Endive Salad with Isabel Tuna 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple muffins ( Becky ) 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Summer Mexican Salad with Citrus... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Fresh Tomato and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fig Crusted Salmon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Fig Ice Cream (no churn) 3.5/5 (2 Votes)