Peppered Shrimp Alfredo
Cooked shrimp and grape tomatoes in a cheesy alfredo sauce then tossed with cooked thin spaghetti.
- 1 (12-16 oz) package frozen cooked medium size shrimp, thawed, tails removed, then dried with paper towels
- 6 - 7 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes (I used two 4-oz containers)
- 4 ounces (half of 8 oz pkg) cream cheese (I used R.F.)
- 1 cup chicken broth (I used 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules dissolved in 1 c. boiling water)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (green can kind)
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinches of garlic salt and Tony Chachere's Original creole seasoning
Get everything out and prep what needs to be before you begin the recipe as it comes together quickly once started.
Cook the spaghetti in unsalted water as directed on package.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat bring the broth to a simmer; then cut the cream cheese in cubes and add it to the broth as well as the cracked pepper, garlic salt, and creole seasoning, whisking constantly until mixture is completely smooth, 3-5 minutes. Whisk in the Parmesan just until combined.
Stir in the cooked shrimp and halved tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 3 more minutes.
Drain spaghetti well in a colander then add to the shrimp mixture, tossing lightly until coated with the sauce.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish top with additional grated Parmesan and serve hot.
Leftovers can be covered and microwaved, adding a dab of milk to loosen sauce, if needed.