Cherry Summer Kale Salad w/Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 6 cups kale leaves, massaged with sea salt
- 6 strips precooked turkey bacon, diced
- 1 cup cherries, halved (seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced granny smith apple
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl whisk the oil and vinegar until no longer separated. Add Dijon mustard, honey, basil, salt, and pepper, and whisk until blended. Set aside.
In a large bowl add the kale and "massage" with sea salt (to break down the fiber a bit!). Add the bacon, cherries, blueberries, apples, and pecan pieces. Toss.
Toss dressing in just before serving and top with the feta cheese.