Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists
Bacon and puff pastry wrap tender asparagus spears for this delightful appetizer. Serve plain or with a garlic aioli for dipping.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 6 to 8 slices bacon
- 12-15 asparagus spears
- 1 egg, beaten
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
Slice the puff pastry into 1-centimeter strips.Slice the bacon in half lengthwise into thin strips.
Wrap a strip of bacon around an asparagus spear in a spiral. Wrap a strip of puff pastry around the asparagus, looping it in between the bacon spiral.
Repeat with the rest of the asparagus. Place the wrapped spears on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Brush them with egg wash, then sprinkle a pinch of salt & pepper on top.
Bake for 18 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Spinach Cakes 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil... 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- White Chocolate Caramel Blondies 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Chicken Florentine Soup 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- King Ranch Beef Casserole 4.1/5 (98 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic and Brown Sugar Pork... 4.1/5 (89 Votes)
- Eggnog 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Baked Pork Chops with Onion Mix... 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
Review this recipe