These Breakfast Pockets are great to make ahead and can be frozen. Kids love them!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110°)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk (110°)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 7 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 125mins
Adapted from budgetgourmetmom.com
In a bowl, dissolve yeast in the water. Add milk, oil, sugar, egg, salt, and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough flour until it makes a soft dough but do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
Cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until browned. Drain. Add the hash browns, eggs, milk, and spices. Cook and stir until set. Sprinkle with cheese and keep warm.
Assembling the pockets:
Preheat oven to 350°F
Punch down the dough and cut into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece into 7 in circle on a floured surface. Top with 1/3 cup filling, fold, and pinch shut. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Allow cooling on the baking sheet. Once cooled, place in the freezer until frozen. Store in a ziplocK bag in the freezer for 3-6 months. To reheat, place on a paper towel and microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes.
You'll also love
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.3/5 (287 Votes)
- Easy Crockpot Chicken & Noodles 4.4/5 (255 Votes)
- Cheese Pennies 4.4/5 (250 Votes)
- Kool-Aid Ice Cubes in Sprite 4.5/5 (250 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (246 Votes)
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (243 Votes)
- Crockpot Apple Pie Breakfast 4.5/5 (235 Votes)
- Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana 4.4/5 (217 Votes)