Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas
This zesty breakfast casserole can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated, making it perfect for a brunch or holiday breakfast!
- 1 pound sausage (optional)
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces of cooked bacon or bacon Bits
Adapted from facebook.com
In a skillet over medium high heat, brown sausage and then drain fat.
In a large bowl, stir together browned sausage, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 of the bacon.
Place 1/8 of the mixture down the center of a tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in a sprayed 9x13 baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
In another large bowl beat eggs, flour and salt. Mix in half and half. Pour over the tortillas in the pan. You can cover the dish and place in the fridge or bake immediately.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Uncover dish and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over tortillas. Sprinkle the rest of the bacon bits over cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover dish and bake 10 minutes longer or until set and cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole 4.3/5 (269 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4/5 (321 Votes)
- Cowboy Casserole 4.2/5 (303 Votes)
- Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana 4.3/5 (254 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon,... 4.3/5 (182 Votes)
Review this recipe