Fluffy beaten egg whites make this eggnog recipe lighter and easier to drink than a cup of cream and booze has any right to be.
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups dark rum
- whole nutmeg and cinnamon stick, grated with a microplane for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 180mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Whisk egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a large punch bowl just until sugar is dissolved, then whisk in milk, cream, and rum. Cover and chill eggnog base at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
Just before serving, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into egg nog base. Finely grate nutmeg and cinnamon with a microplane over as desired.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Baked Raspberry Lemon Donuts 4.2/5 (51 Votes)
- Pineapple-Mango Green Smoothie 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Cheesy Creamed Spinach Casserole 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Holly Fudge 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- 7-Layer Salad 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Chocolate Bomb Pudding Shots 4.3/5 (81 Votes)