King Ranch Beef Casserole
This simple recipe for King Ranch Beef Casserole is really comfort food at it’s finest. If you’re feeling adventurous grab some pickled jalapeños and sprinkle them over the top of the finished product.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- dash of salt
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 corn tortillas
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the beef and onions. When meat has almost cooked all the way add the bell pepper and sprinkle with a dash of salt. When the meat is brown and thoroughly cooked drain the grease from the pan.
Heat a medium size sauce pan over low/medium heat. Add the cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, rotel tomatoes, garlic powder and chili powder. Stir and cook until the mixture is warm and then turn off the heat.
Tear each tortilla into pieces and dip each piece into the sauce mixture. (Does not have to be well coated in the mixture or you will use it all up and won't have enough for the dish) Place the tortillas down in a large casserole dish. Then top with half of the meat mixture and then half of the sauce. Sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese over the sauce and then repeat the layers finishing with the rest of the cheese.
Cook for 40 minutes
You'll also love
- Antipasto Pasta Salad, from Cook's... 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Mango Key Lime Pie 4/5 (105 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Cake 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Potatoes in Creamy... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad with... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Creamed Chopped Beef On Toast 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Paula Deens Chicken Divan 3.9/5 (87 Votes)