Baked Pork Chops with Onion Mix Soup
Easy recipe for very tender pork chops made in oven. Great tasting soup mix over the top for a creamy sauce
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 tsp black pepper or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 tbsp paprika
- 1-1/3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 thick cut pork chops (with or without bones)
- 1 (1/2 oz) ENVELOPE onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 to 1 cup sour cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
4. Drudge chops in flour mixture till well coated.
5. Brown chops 5 minutes on both sides in heated oil.
6. Remove to a basking dish.
7. Combine soup mix with water and stir well; set aside.
8. Add 2-3 tbsp remaining flour mixture to pan drippings, more or less depending on thickness you prefer.
9. Stir and cook preparing a roux for gravy.
10. Add soup mixture to pan and stir till smooth and thickened. If too thick, add water or milk to thin out. Remove from heat.
11. Stir in sour cream and combine.
12. Pour over pork chops.
13. Cover and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours till tender.
You'll also love
- Applebee's Copycat Shrimp and... 4/5 (121 Votes)
- Sour Cream Cornbread 4.7/5 (31 Votes)
- Cheesy Creamed Spinach Casserole 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Homemade Beefaroni 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Pork Chops 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Egg Sandwich with Spiced Sautéed... 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Hot Onion & Cheese Soufflé Dip 4.5/5 (45 Votes)