Pear, Walnut & Gorgonzola Puffs
The classic combination of pears, walnuts, and rich Gorgonzola cheese, come together in crisp puff pastry to make this appetizers that will have your hungry guests squealing with glee. This recipe serves a crowd and comes together in about 35 minutes to make some of the best bite-sized cheesy puff pastry appetizers you have ever had.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 package (4-ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 375°F and set a rack to the upper third of the oven. Unwrap the puff pastry and lay on a lightly floured cutting board. Roll out slightly, until smooth. Cut the sheet into 16 squares, then halve those squares diagonally to make 32 triangles. Arrange the triangles on a baking sheet, leaving about 1/2 inch between them.
Sprinkle equal portions of the pear mixture in the center of each triangle, then top with equal parts Gorgonzola and walnuts. Season all over with salt and pepper. Bake until puffed and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle all over with thyme and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Bacon Cheddar Puffs 4.7/5 (58 Votes)
- Tomato, Squash and Eggplant Tian 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Mediterranean Pork and Orzo Recipe 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Dill Sauce 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Pork Loin 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Butterflied Cornish Hens with Sage... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert 4.3/5 (4 Votes)