Mexican Black Bean Spaghetti
Black bean pasta takes the center of the plate as the protein source in this meal. The homemade pasta sauce with tomatoes, corn, spinach and cilantro is fresh and delicious.
- 1 package black bean pasta
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (regular will work)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 lime
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water with 2 teaspoons of salt and put the pasta in to cook for 7 minutes or until al dente.
Drain the water and put the pasta back in the pan. Drizzle some avocado oil and the lime juice in the pasta and toss well.
Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a large pan on medium high heat. Add the onions and jalapeno and cook until the onions begin to lose their water and become translucent.
Add the tomatoes and cook for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the water, spices, and 1 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Stir to combine well.
Add the corn and cook for 4 minutes. Add the spinach and 1/2 cup of the cilantro and cook for 2 minutes. Pour half of the sauce into the pot with the spaghetti and toss well.
Plate and spoon the extra sauce on each plate and sprinkle the remaining cilantro on each plate.
You'll also love
- Fried-Chicken Fried Rice With... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Arugula, Pear & Blue Cheese Salad... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Pineapple and Pine Nut Torte 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chickpea and Portobello... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro Garlic... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)