Pumpkin Maple Pecan Granola with Cranberries
Energize with this delicious fall-flavored granola, with pumpkin, cranberries, oats, pepitas, sunflower seeds, pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and vanilla bean.
- 4 cups thick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1 1/2 cup pecans, shelled
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup puréed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from vanillaandbean.com
Preheat oven to 275°F. Optional: line sheet pan with parchment paper (do not use a Silpat here).
Chop 1/2 the pecans to a fine chop.
In a large mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients: oats, sunflower seeds, pepitas, pecans, brown sugar and spices.
In a small sauce pot, warm the pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste just to over room temperature. Whisk well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, mix well, incorporating all the ingredients so that every little oat grain is coated with delicious pumpkin spice mix.
Pour mixture into the prepared sheet pan, pushing the granola into the corners. Spread evenly, then using the back of wooden spoon, firmly press the granola into the pan.
Bake at 275°F for 60 minutes. Do not stir. Rotate the pan, and increase the temperature to 300°F for 20 minutes. The granola will be fragrant and toasty golden brown. Don't be tempted to stir if clustering is desired.
Remove from oven and allow the granola to cool completely (if you can) before gently tossing in the cranberries. Handle the granola gently if clustering is desired.
Store in a covered container for up to two weeks.
You'll also love
- Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL NUT APPLE PIE 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cheesy Ranch Stuffed Mini Peppers 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sun-dried Tomato Bread 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- PUMPKIN PIE FROSTY 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash with Spicy... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)