Scalloped Corn Recipe
This comforting casserole features sunny corn kernels tucked into a creamy custard. My mom got this recipe, and many other excellent ones from her mother. By the time this crowd-pleasing corn dish got around the table, my father, sister, brothers and I would have almost scraped it clean.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers), divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine the corn, eggs, milk, 3/4 cup cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, onion, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs.
Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°.
You'll also love
- Buttermilk-Brined Turkey 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Stained-Glass Cut Out Cookies 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- BBQ Beef & Bean Cornbread Casserole 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie -... 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Lobster Ravioli 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.9/5 (9 Votes)