Scalloped Corn Recipe
This comforting casserole features sunny corn kernels tucked into a creamy custard. My mom got this recipe, and many other excellent ones from her mother. By the time this crowd-pleasing corn dish got around the table, my father, sister, brothers and I would have almost scraped it clean.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers), divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine the corn, eggs, milk, 3/4 cup cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, onion, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs.
Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°.
You'll also love
- Buttermilk-Brined Turkey 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- German Cabbage Casserole 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken in Lemon Butter Caper Sauce 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Mashed Potato Muffins 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Outback Blooming Onion 4.3/5 (58 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Bourbon Cocktail... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Maple-Bourbon Smash 4.2/5 (17 Votes)