Gullivers Creamed Corn
A Southern staple, creamed corn is the ideal side to accompany your fried chicken or juicy steak. Cream, milk and butter make it creamy and delicious!
- 1 (24-ounce) bag frozen shoepeg corn (I buy the Pictsweet brand)
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour (or cornstarch for GF)
- Pinch white pepper (black pepper is just fine too)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Put corn, cream, sugar and milk in saucepan and bring to a boil. At first it will be a solid frozen mass, just give it time and it will warm up and liquify.
Melt butter in microwave and add flour to make a roux (thickener). Will be the consistency of paste.
Mix this into the corn. Continue to cook until thickened. Add pepper. Pour into casserole dish (9 x 13-inch if you doubled it) and top with Parmesan cheese. Put into 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is good and melted!
You'll also love
- 'Blackberry Bramble' Chocolate... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Mini Pizza Tacos 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Grilled Stuffed Portobello... 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cannoli 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Cauliflower Pizza... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Scalloped Potato & Ground Beef... 4.1/5 (65 Votes)
- Olive Bread Stuffing with Fennel 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Pigs in a Cornfield 4.5/5 (15 Votes)