Gullivers Creamed Corn
A Southern staple, creamed corn is the ideal side to accompany your fried chicken or juicy steak. Cream, milk and butter make it creamy and delicious!
- 1 (24-ounce) bag frozen shoepeg corn (I buy the Pictsweet brand)
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour (or cornstarch for GF)
- Pinch white pepper (black pepper is just fine too)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Put corn, cream, sugar and milk in saucepan and bring to a boil. At first it will be a solid frozen mass, just give it time and it will warm up and liquify.
Melt butter in microwave and add flour to make a roux (thickener). Will be the consistency of paste.
Mix this into the corn. Continue to cook until thickened. Add pepper. Pour into casserole dish (9 x 13-inch if you doubled it) and top with Parmesan cheese. Put into 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is good and melted!
You'll also love
- Crispy Topped Brussels Sprouts and... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- 'Blackberry Bramble' Chocolate... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Zucchini Crescent Pie 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Buttercream Icing 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.9/5 (320 Votes)
- MINI CORN DOG BITES 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Salad 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce 4.5/5 (36 Votes)