Chicken in Lemon Butter Caper Sauce
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces, divided
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ⁄3 cup Pinot Grigio (I used Cavit)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (or use cutlets)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 8 oz angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
Adapted from plainchicken.com
Cut the chicken breast halves horizontally, butterflying them open. Pound chicken pieces with a meat hammer to 1/4-inch thickness. Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan. Dredge chicken cutlets in the flour mixture, until well coated.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken and brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve to a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm in the oven while you prepare the sauce.
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to its very lowest setting. Slowly whisk in butter, one piece at a time, letting the first addition melt before adding more butter. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in capers.
To serve: Place cooked pasta on plate or pasta bowl. Top with chicken and spoon sauce over chicken and pasta.
You'll also love
- Mashed Potato Muffins 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Homemade Bacon Egg and Cheese... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken, Avocado, Cream Cheese,... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken with... 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Yogurt Mini-Bundt Cakes with... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Flounder with Lemon... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)