Pork Cutlets with Butternut Squash, Apple, and Cranberry Sauté
- 3 cups precut peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 12 thin medallions
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped peeled Granny Smith apple
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Adapted from keyingredient.com
. Place squash and cranberries in a microwave-safe dish. Add water to a depth of 1/4 inch; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 7 minutes; drain.
2. While squash cooks, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge pork in flour. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of pork; cook 2 minutes per side. Transfer cooked pork to a platter. Repeat with remaining oil and pork.
3. Add chicken stock to pan; cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
4. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, apple, sugar, and red pepper to pan, and toss to coat; sauté 4 minutes. Add squash, cranberries, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss and remove from heat. Pour pan sauce over pork, and serve with squash mixture; garnish with chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- CASSEROLE LEMON CAKE 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Harvard Beets 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Prosciutto and Grape Grilled Cheese 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Spicy Cauliflower Burgers 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Zucchini Lasagna 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Stuffed Zucchini 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Strawberry Scones 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Rack of Lamb with Mint and Capers 5/5 (3 Votes)