Slow Cooker Zucchini Lasagna
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups of your favorite sauce
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8" thick
- 16 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 255mins
Adapted from primaverakitchen.com
1. In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, spinach. Stir well and set it aside.
2. Lightly coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
Ladle about 1 cup of homemade tomato sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker and spread it well.
3. Layer 5 or 6 zucchini slices to cover.
Place some of the ricotta cheese mixture and top with the mozzarella cheese.
Repeat the layers until all your ingredients are all used up.
Top the lasagna with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
4. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
Turn off the slow cooker and let stand for about 45 minutes or 1 hour. This will allow the liquid to be absorbed.
5. Before serving top with fresh parsley
You'll also love
- Grilled Calamari & Arugula Salad 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Mixed Radishes with Yogurt Butter 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Black and Wild Rice Salad with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Zucchini & Potato Tian 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini & Spaghetti Squash... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Zucchini & Olive Oil Cake 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Lasagna Rolls 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna 4.5/5 (4 Votes)