- 2 lbs small fresh beets, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 / cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 1/2 tsp whole cloves
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 435mins
1. Place beets in a 3 qt slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in orange juice and vinegar. Pour over beets
3. Place cloves on a double thick piece of cheesecloth, bring corners together and tie with cooking string. Place bag in slow cooker.
4. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. Remove spice bag and serve.