Fresh strawberry scones are perfect for breakfast, or top warm scones with vanilla ice-cream and sliced berries for dessert!
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Turbinado sugar, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from jocooks.com
Preheat oven to 400° F degrees.
Cut up the strawberries into small pieces and add 1 tablespoon of the sugar to them.
In a large bowl, add the flour, salt, baking powder and remaining sugar. Add the butter and using 2 knives or a pastry blender start cutting into the butter. Use your hands if necessary but the mixture needs to resemble small peas.
Add the strawberries to the bowl and coat them well with the flour mixture. In a small bowl mix the egg and milk together then add to the flour bowl. Using a spatula mix everything well. Add more flour as needed if dough is too wet and sticks to hands too much. Turn dough over onto a floured surface and shape into a round 8 inch ball.
Cut the dough into 8 triangles, just like you would cut pizza and place the triangles over a cookie tray lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Brush with the egg wash. You may at this point, sprinkle the scones with additional sugar if you wish.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Sea Bass & Tomato Ceviche 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Rack of Lamb with Mint and Capers 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot Salad with Arugula,... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- French Hamburgers 4/5 (75 Votes)
- Baked Chicken & Veggies 3.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Apricot Guacamole 5/5 (4 Votes)
- White and Dark Chocolate Raspberry... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe