Shrimp Primavera with Carrot & Zucchini Noodles
This carrot and zucchini noodle primavera with shrimp is yummy and filling ... and just 5 Smart Points.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pounds asparagus, remove woody ends, and cut into thirds
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup green snap beans, cut into bite size
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large carrots, peeled and spiral cut using the spaghetti blade
- 2 medium zucchini, spiral cut using the spaghetti blade
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Blanch the vegetables:
Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes. This water is to stop the vegetables from cooking once they are blanched.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add kosher salt to your liking.
Add the broccoli, asparagus, and green beans to the pot. Once the water returns to a boil, set the timer for two minutes. Remove the vegetables to the cold water. Drain and reserve.
For the Primavera:
Heat a large (12") non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the mushrooms in a single layer. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Saute, stirring and flipping the mushrooms until the mushrooms are browned on both sides. Remove to a plate and reserve.
Add a bit more olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add the shrimp in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Add the slice cherry tomatoes, trying to get them cut side down. Saute for a minute or so. Flip the shrimp and continue to saute until the shrimp are cooked and the tomatoes are slightly softened. Remove to the plate with the mushrooms and reserve.
In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, half & half, and the corn starch. Reserve.
Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Once heated, add the carrot noodles, and saute for 1 minute. Raise the heat a bit, and add the white wine. Saute for 2 more minutes, lower heat to medium, and add the zucchini noodles. Toss the noodles together and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are done to your liking.
Add the reserved vegetables and shrimp. Toss together. Add the broth mixture, and stir until thickened. There won't be a lot of sauce. It just coats the noodles, shrimp, and vegetables. Stir in the parmesan.
Season to taste with additional salt and pepper; and serve - allotting 6 shrimp per serving.
You'll also love
- Lime Cloud Pie 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Irish Potato Bread 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Eggplant with Balsamic,... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Couscous Salad... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon-wrapped Tuna Steaks with... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Fiery Shrimp Quesadillas 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Farmer's Market Squash Saute 4.4/5 (12 Votes)