Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies with a cream cheese frosting, my version slightly adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperatue
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon each baking soda and baking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups grated or shredded carrots
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 2 sticks butter, room temp
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugars and butter, and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs and vanill and beat on medium speed until well combined.
2. In a alarge bowl, sift together the flour, the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Stir to combine. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix on low speed until just blended. Mix in oats and carrots. Chill until firm, at least one hour.
3. Shape 1 tablespoon of dough into ball, or use scoop. Drop on baking sheets 2 inches apart.
4. Bake until lightly browned, about 12-15 minutes, rotating halfway through. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Once cooled, spread frosting generously onto cokie and sandwich together with another cookie. repeat with all. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
To Make Frosting:
Place cream cheese in bowl of mixer. Beat until smooth. Gradually add butter, and continue beating until smooth and well-blended. Sift in confectioners sugar, and again beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla.