Bacon-wrapped Tuna Steaks with Wasabi Cream Sauce
Fresh tuna steaks marinated in an Asian influenced sauce and then topped with a slightly spicy Wasabi cream sauce. Easy to make, and delicious!
- 4 (4-ounce) tuna steaks, each about 1-inch thick
- 4 strips bacon, slightly cooked but not crisp
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Freshly ground pepper
- WASABI CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 to 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 to 8 drops sesame oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from yummy.ph
Wrap each tuna steak with a strip of bacon and secure with wooden skewers or toothpicks.
Make the marinade: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
Marinate tuna steaks for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F.
Arrange tuna steaks on a baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until completely cooked.
Make the wasabi cream sauce: Combine wasabi and reserved marinade in a saucepan over low heat. Add cream and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Serve on the side or drizzle on top before serving.
You'll also love
- Roast Beef Sandwich 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooker: Sweet potato lasagne 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Fiery Shrimp Quesadillas 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Halibut with Roasted... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Murray's Sausage Rolls 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- BBQ Pulled Pork Egg Rolls 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Bonefish Grill Blackberry Rum... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Grilled Blue Cheese & Bacon... 4/5 (50 Votes)