Goat Cheese, Cranberry & Walnut Canapes
These easy canapes are perfect for a light snack or appetizer in autumn. Particularly perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 24 walnut halves (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 24 thin slices whole-wheat baguette, from 1/2 baguette
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, choped, plus whole leaves for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss nuts with 1 teaspoon oil and cinnamon; season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, 4 to 6 minutes; set aside to cool.
Spread baguette slices on same baking sheet and brush with remaining 3 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until lightly toasted, 10 to 15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through; set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together cheese and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; stir in cranberries and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Divide goat cheese among bread slices and top each with a walnut and thyme leaves.
To make ahead, refrigerate goat cheese mixture, covered, up to 1 day. Store roasted walnuts at room temperature, up to 1 day.
You'll also love
- General Tso’s Chickpeas 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spiked Shrimp and Sausage 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Paleo Baked Eggs in Avocado 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Moms Divinity 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Corn Casserole 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Apple... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Christmas Brie 4.6/5 (10 Votes)