Z_Make-Ahead Black Bean & Spinach Enchilada Casserole
This will be your favorite, simple, crown pleasing casserole. You can always pre make this and stuff it in the oven last minute.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (I like to use avocado oil)
- 1 small clamshell container baby spinach, about 5 ounces
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 16 ounce jar tomatillo salsa
- 14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 4 ounce package goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from kiwiandbean.com
Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until it is wilted, then set it aside.
Spread one-third of the salsa into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish, and then lay down 6 corn tortillas. Top with another third of the salsa, spreading it evenly over the tortillas.
Layer on the cooked spinach, followed by the black beans, and then sprinkle the chili powder evenly over top.
Crumble the goat cheese on top of the beans, then top with the remaining tortillas, the last third of the salsa and the shredded cheese.
If you are making the casserole in advance, stop at this point, cover tightly with foil and pop it into the fridge.
When you are ready to bake, heat the oven to 400˚F and bake the casserole (covered with foil) for about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the casserole is hot throughout and the cheese is bubbly and browning. If you like a very browned and bubbly top, you might need to turn the oven to broil for the last few minutes of cooking.
You'll also love
- Taco Stuffed Avocados aka... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Dump Ranch 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken Breast 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana Raisin Bread 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Sausage, Peppers, Onions, and... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Chicken and Broccoli... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheese-Stuffed Burger Dogs 4.7/5 (9 Votes)