EASY CHEESY SAUSAGE AND GREEN BEAN SKILLET PASTA
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 cups water
- 1- 12 oz box quick cook or "pronto" penne pasta (the kind of pasta you do not have to boil or strain)
- 2 cups fresh snipped green beans (I used French green beans)
- 1- 24 ounce jar Bertolli Tomato and Basil pasta sauce
- 2-3 cups Mozzarella cheese shreds (How cheesy do you want it?)
- Fresh parsley, chopped fine
Adapted from eazypeazymealz.com
Preheat oven to Broil on High.
Heat olive oil in a deep skillet, and brown your sausage over a medium high heat.
Add in onion, and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
Pour 3 cups of water over the top, add in snipped green beans and quick cook pasta, turn heat to high.
Set timer, and cook for 10 minutes.
At the end of 10 minutes, pour Bertolli sauce over the top, and stir in. Let simmer 2-3 more minutes.
Top with cheese, and put in in the oven to broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
If you can't find the Pronto or quick cook pasta, then just cook your pasta according to package directions, and remove water from the ingredient list. Instead, sautee green beans with the sausage and onion and move on to step 6 in the directions.
You'll also love
- Million Dollar Pasta 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Black Bean, Cheese, & Tortilla... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey, Cranberry and Cream Cheese... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread (3 Loaves) 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- BEEF & EGGPLANT BOLOGNAISE PASTA... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Sausage Mushroom Quiche 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Fireside Beef Stew with Squash 4.6/5 (11 Votes)