Moroccan Butternut Squash, Chickpea and Quinoa Tagine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable broth, or chicken, or water
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 preserved lemon, pith removed and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
Heat the oil in a pan.
Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the quinoa, broth, chickpeas, harissa, honey, raisins, olives, preserved lemon, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Add the butternut squash and continue to simmer, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
Mix in the cilantro and remove from heat.
You'll also love
- Roasted Baby Artichokes 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey Noodle Soup with Spinach 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Amazing Butternut Squash 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemony Ricotta Summer Squash... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Daphne Oz's Lentil Salad 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Avocado, Black Bean, & Corn Salad 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- General Tso’s Chickpeas 4.6/5 (11 Votes)