Spaghetti with Quick Turkey Chili
This delicious turkey chili spaghetti is a fun and delicious treat that's easy to whip up when there's not a lot of time for a homemade dinner! It's so great to have a few of these quick, easy, and fun recipes under my belt.
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 -ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Cheddar cheese, shredded for topping
- Sour cream, for topping
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the scallion whites and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the tomato paste and chili powder and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is brick red, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the turkey and stir, breaking up the meat, until almost cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Add the chicken broth, beans and ketchup; bring to a simmer and cook until the chili is slightly thickened but still soupy, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in the scallion greens and hot sauce.
Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as the label directs, then drain. Divide among bowls and top with the chili, cheese and sour cream.
You'll also love
- Bacon, Oatmeal, and Raisin Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Northwest Roasted Halibut 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Pea Hummus Crostini With Pea... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sausage and lentil casserole 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Hazelnut Spread-Filled Sufganiyot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Provencal Chicken Mussels Pot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sesame Turkey Cutlets with Israeli... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Makeover Noodle Kugel Recipe 4.3/5 (6 Votes)