Fail-Proof Pizza Dough & Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks
You will never need another pizza dough recipe after this one. In fact, you won't even ever need to go to a pizza place ever again!
- PIZZA DOUGH:
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 cups bread flour (give or take 1/2 cup)
- CHEESE GARLIC BREAD STICKS:
- 1/2 recipe Fail-Proof Pizza Dough from above
- 2 tablespoons softened salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 150mins
In a large mixing bowl, preferably that of a stand mixer, stir yeast and honey into warm water.
Sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbles form and mixture starts to foam. This tells you that the yeast is alive and kicking.
Pour in salt, oil and half the flour and mix. Once that flour is incorporated, start adding flour in bit by bit until you get the pizza dough to the consistency you want: slightly tacky, but when you touch it it doesn't stick to your hands.
Once you reach this stage, turn the mixer on high to knead for 6 minutes. Turn a timer on and walk away! Resist the temptation to stop earlier than 6 minutes! That seems to be the magical number.
The dough should be smooth and easy to work with and the bowl should be clean! Lightly grease the bowl & the dough so it doesn't dry out, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise 1to 2 hours.
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD STICKS:
Preheat oven to 500°F with pizza stone inside.
Mix butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside. Spread pizza dough out into a 12-inch circle on parchment paper. (This makes it easier to transfer to the pizza stone.)
Spread the butter and garlic mixture over dough and top with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
Top with a light sprinkling of salt and pepper, if desired.
Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven and cool 1 to 2 minutes before cutting. Serve hot, with marinara.
You'll also love
- Qdoba Queso Dip 3.9/5 (545 Votes)
- Long John Silver's Fish Batter 3.9/5 (557 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Butter Pollock Fillets 3.9/5 (710 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup for Weight... 4/5 (444 Votes)
- Golden Corral Rolls 3.9/5 (944 Votes)
- Costco Copycat Muffin Recipes 3.8/5 (506 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Gluten-Free, Vegan... 4/5 (164 Votes)
- Pizza Dough for KitchenAid Mixer 3.7/5 (156 Votes)