Northwest Roasted Halibut
Northwest Roasted Halibut is a recipe for anyone who enjoys a mix of salty and sweet. Halibut is seasoned and crusted with hazelnuts, then roasted and topped with a berry-infused reduction for a sweet, savory, and sexy meal that is perfect anytime you want to impress that special someone in your life. Serve this dish with roasted potatoes, a lightly dressed side salad, a glass of your favorite champagne.
- 4 (4-ounce) halibut fillets
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted but not hot
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and/or strawberries) thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 400°F. Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Spray a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick spray; set aside. In a shallow dish place margarine. In a second shallow dish place chopped hazelnuts. Dip fish in melted margarine. Coat both sides of fillets with nuts. Place coated fillets on prepared pan.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
While the fish is roasting, puree the berries in a blender or a food processor. Pass the puree through a strainer to remove the seeds. Stir sugar into the strained sauce. If desired, place the strained sauce in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until sauce is warm. Serve the sauce chilled or warmed with the fish.
You'll also love
- Winter-White Fruit Cake 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Crunchy Turnip, Apple, and... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sausage and lentil casserole 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Hazelnut Spread-Filled Sufganiyot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Greek Salad with Feta and Tuna 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Teriyaki Glazed Cod with Ginger... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Kristi's Easy Eggs Benedict 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Cream Cheese & Mushroom Scrambled... 4/5 (24 Votes)