Pizza Hut-style Cheese Bread
If you like Pizza Hut's Cheese Bread you'll LOVE this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-fat dry milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 8-ounce package mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from joshuatrent.com
Preheat oven to 350°F
Dissolve yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Add sugar, milk and salt. Add enough flour to make a soupy like mixture.
Add the rest of the flour, enough to form a moderately stiff dough. Knead the dough until smooth. (Or you can use a Kitchen Aid mixer with the dough hook). Roll the dough into the size and shape of your baking pan.
Spread half of the butter onto the bottom of the pan and then place the dough into the pan. Let rise in warm, draft-free place for 15 minutes.
Spread remaining butter on the top of the dough. Top dough with mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 or until golden brown. Cut into breadsticks and serve with marinara sauce.
You'll also love
- Vanilla Bean Scones 4.6/5 (63 Votes)
- Longhorn Steakhouse Wild West... 3.9/5 (199 Votes)
- Individual 7-Layer Dips 4.3/5 (84 Votes)
- Stuffed Italian Bread 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Sloppy Joe Nachos 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Evelyn's Baked Brie 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- German Bretzen, Soft Pretzels 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Veggie Pizza Appetizer 4.5/5 (62 Votes)