Winter-White Fruit Cake
Our festive fruit cake starts with a white cake mix—and ends in a holiday dessert studded with red and green maraschino cherries and crunchy nuts.
- 1 (2-layer size) package white cake mix
- 1 (3.3-ounce) package JELL-O White Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup each red and green maraschino cherries, drained, divided
- 1 cup PLANTERS Deluxe Pistachio Mix, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 116mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; blend in dry pudding mix and extract.
Reserve 2 each red and green cherries for garnish. Remove stems, if necessary, from remaining cherries; rinse, then pat dry. Cut cherries into quarters. Stir into cake batter along with the nut mix. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 33 to 36 min. or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 min. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool cake completely.
Beat cream cheese and milk in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with reserved cherries.