Pumpkinseed, Date & Tahini Bars
Feeling down and out? Try these power packed bars, they're the perfect snack to pick you up!
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups puffed barley cereal
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup prechopped dates
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkinseed kernels
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons toasted uncooked quinoa
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine tahini, syrup, olive oil, vanilla, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until bubbly. Combine cereal, oats, dates, and pumpkinseed kernels in a medium bowl. Pour tahini mixture over barley mixture; toss well to coat. Press into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with quinoa, pressing to adhere.
Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely in dish.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spice Margarita 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemony Wheat Berries with Roasted... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH SHALLOTS AND... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Coconut-Curry Chicken Thighs with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Liver Pâté 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Strawberry Scones 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Black Licorice Caramels 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip... 5/5 (3 Votes)