Date & Raisin Bars
Moist and chewy date bars with raisins are the perfect on the go snack.
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 ml) All-Bran Original* cereal
- 1 cup (250 ml) buttermilk (or soured milk**)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) golden raisins
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.ca
In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
In large bowl, mix together cereal and buttermilk. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
Add eggs and oil; beat well. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Stir in dates and raisins.
Spread batter evenly in 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake at 190ºC (375ºF) for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool, cut into bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap to store.
** To sour milk, add 15 mL (1 tbsp) vinegar.
You'll also love
- Triggerfish Schnitzel With... 3.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Green Beans with Chipotle Butter 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Pancetta Crisps with Goat Cheese... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Lamb Meatballs with Feta, Lemon... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge 4/5 (5 Votes)
- New Mexico Pork Chili Carne Adovada 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Never-Fail Divinity *(GOOD)* 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Raisin Overnight French... 4/5 (3 Votes)