Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers
Delicious burgers made with fried onions for added flavor resulting in the perfect recipe for making hamburgers indoors. Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers are exactly what will quell your craving for flavorful and juicy beef burgers smothered in American cheese. This is a classic cheeseburger recipe straight from America's heartland and filled with rich beefy, cheesy, fried-oniony flavor!
- 1 large onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 to 8 slices of American cheese
- mayo, mustard, and pickles, for serving
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Divide the onions into 4 separate mounds on a rimmed baking sheet. Form the beef into 4 lightly packed balls. Place the beef balls on top of the onion mounds and flatten the beef firmly using your palm, so that the onion adheres to the beef. The patties should measure 4-inches in diameter. Season the beef generously with salt and black pepper.
Melt the butter with the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Using a large spatula, transfer the patties to the skillet, onion side down. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the onions turn a deep golden brown and begin to crisp around the edges. Flip the burgers, then increase the heat to high and cook until well-browned on the second side, about 2 minutes. Add 1 or 2 slices of cheese to each burger and allow to melt.
Toast the buns in the pan juices or smear them with butter and toast them in a preheated clean pan, preheated to medium heat.
Add mayo, mustard, and pickles to the top buns, then place each burger on a bottom buns. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning 3.9/5 (348 Votes)
- Mille-Crepe Tiramisu Cake 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Bread Pudding 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Loin with Peach BBQ... 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream... 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Maple,Bacon Brussels Sprouts 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cookie Dip 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars 4.7/5 (17 Votes)