Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Strawberry ice cream sandwiched between two heart shaped, dense, fudgy chocolate cookies. A perfect Valentine's day or anytime treat.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 to 2 1/2 pints strawberry ice cream, softened
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, vanilla, and sugar. Add eggs and milk, and mix until combined. Add reserved flour mixture, and mix on low speed until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl at least once. Divide the dough in half, and shape each half into a flat disk. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll dough out on a floured surface, sliding an offset spatula under the dough to release it every few turns of the rolling pin. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thick. Cut dough using a variety of heart-shape cookie cutters 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter, making sure each cookie has a match to make a sandwich. Place hearts on a parchment-lined baking sheet; chill until firm, about 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator; use a fork to prick the cookies all over with holes. Bake until just firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet; transfer to a wire rack.
With the underside of half the cookies face up, spoon softened strawberry ice cream about 1/2-inch thick to cover one side. Place matching cookie on top of ice cream, top side facing out. Transfer immediately to freezer to harden; repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream. Serve directly from the freezer. Sandwiches can be kept stored in an airtight container in the freezer for 3 to 4 days.
You'll also love
- Lazy Hawaiian Chicken 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Coconut Blueberry Gummies 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Maple,Bacon Brussels Sprouts 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cookie Dip 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes (with... 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Cherry Swirl Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Bobby Flay's Perfect Porterhouse... 3.8/5 (221 Votes)