Parmesan Crusted Roasted Asparagus
Roasting asparagus transforms this vegetable into a level of flavor that has a "nutty" layer of deliciousness. Adding a lot of freshly grated Parmesan takes this roasted side dish to a whole new level. It's simple, and it's so good!
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Parmesan Cheese, a chunk to be freshly grated
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Prepare the asparagus by trimming off the woody ends. Sprinkle with kosher salt (not table salt) and fresh cracked pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil (about 1 tablespoon). Mix together.
On a Silpat Silicon Mat, or foil, or parchment paper (cleanup is easier this way) generously grate a thick layer of freshly grated Parmesan cheese (not the stuff in the green can... that is really cheap).
Bake at 425°F for about 10 minutes. Allow to sit for a minute and serve.
You'll also love
- Potato and Ground Beef Gratin 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Apple Custard Pie with Streusel... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato... 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Scones 4.2/5 (50 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Balls 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- No Bake Bourbon Pecan Truffles 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Parmesan Garlic Asparagus 4.7/5 (18 Votes)