Roasted Snap Peas with Shallots
The perfect side dish to your main dish, roasting the peas brings forth a great texture and flavor.
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 4-cups)
- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced (about 1/4-cup)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 17mins
Adapted from recipe.com
Preheat oven to 475˚F.
Toss peas, shallot, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
Roast in the oven, stirring once halfway through, until the peas are tender and beginning to brown slightly, 12 to 14 minutes.
Serve warm, sprinkled with bacon if desired.
You'll also love
- Blueberry-Haskap Berry Pie 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Pineapple Rosemary Crush Cocktails 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cookies 4.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Gorgonzola,... 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Mashed Potato Cakes 3.9/5 (105 Votes)
- Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Two Bean Cornmeal Casserole 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)