Green Beans with Potatoes & Ham
Some people sprinkle in a little steak rub into this dish, be careful of the salt. You could add a smashed clove of garlic to this dish. This can be cooked in slow-cooker or on low in a pot on the stove. You serve this as a side or a main dish. If you use pork chops ensure the pork chops are done before serving. I don't know why you could not use cauliflower instead of potatoes for this dish to lower the carbs. Would do that when cooking on the stove and put cauliflower florets in the last 15 minutes or so.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans or 3 cans of regular green beans, drained
- 2 pounds ham, diced into chunks
- 4 potatoes, diced into medium chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups of water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Dice the ham, green beans, onion, and potatoes. Drop all of the vegetables into your slow-cooker, add chicken stock or water, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 6 hrs on low.
Just bring all ingredients to a boil in a large stockpot and turn heat to low and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
You'll also love
- Grandma's Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Bierocks - Old Fashioned Volga... 4.2/5 (64 Votes)
- Cauliflower mascarpone gratin 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- German Apricot Rahm Kuchen (Cream... 4.2/5 (54 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Banana Bread... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Roasted Green Beans with Goat... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes with... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)