Cauliflower mascarpone gratin
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 8-ounce container Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Wisconsin grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
Adapted from familystylefood.com
Blanch the cauliflower in a pot of boiling salted water 5 minutes; drain.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 7 x 11 gratin dish with butter; arrange cauliflower in dish.
Stir together Mascarpone, cream, ¼ cup Parmesan,sage, garlic, salt and black pepper to taste until smooth; pour over cauliflower. Sprinkle top with remaining Parmesan.
Bake 30 minutes, or until top is browned and sauce is bubbling. Rest 15 minutes, loosely covered, before serving.