Roasted Green Beans with Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 5 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest plus 2 teaspoons juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, and chopped
Adapted from cookscountry.com
Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Combine green beans, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in bowl. Evenly distribute green beans on rimmed baking sheet.
2. Cover sheet tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 10 minutes. Remove foil and continue to roast until green beans are spotty brown, about 10 minutes longer, stirring halfway through roasting.
3. Meanwhile, combine garlic, orange zest, and remaining 1/4 cup oil in medium bowl and microwave until bubbling, about 1 minute; let steep for 1 minute. Whisk orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into garlic mixture.
4. Transfer green beans to bowl with dressing, add chives, and toss to combine. Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with goat cheese and hazelnuts. Serve.