5-Ingredient Banana Bread Pancakes-Gluten Free
This gluten-free, grain-free pancake recipe can be made with just 5 ingredients. Top the pancakes with your favorite nut or seed butter, fresh fruit, applesauce, or extra cinnamon. (Please note: the eggs are a necessary ingredient in this recipe. You cannot replace them with an egg substitute.)
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 large eggs (preferably from organic, pastured chickens)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Walnuts, chopped, optional
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from dailybitesblog.com
In a blender or food processor (I use my Vita Mix), combine the bananas, eggs, flaxseed, and cinnamon.
Blend until smooth.
In a large skillet (I like cast-iron for pancakes) over medium-low heat, melt about a tablespoon of coconut oil.
Drop the pancake batter by the 1/4-cupful into the skillet once it’s hot. (If using the chopped walnuts, sprinkle a few onto each pancake now.)
Cook until the pancakes get bubbly on top, about 2 minutes.
Flip and continue to cook for another minute or so.
Transfer to a plate.
Continue cooking the pancakes until all of the batter is used up, adding more oil to the skillet if needed.
Important Note! As your skillet gets hotter, your pancakes will cook more quickly. The first batch will take about 2 minutes on the first side, but batches after that will be done in 60-90 seconds if you’re working over medium-low heat.
Stay close by the skillet so you can keep an eye on the pancakes and make sure they don’t burn.
You'll also love
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole 4.3/5 (93 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cake from Cook's... 4.3/5 (67 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.1/5 (80 Votes)
- Banana Tres Leches Dessert 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower with... 4.3/5 (69 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Almond Flour Pancakes 4.3/5 (65 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Orange Glazed Pork... 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Banana Bread (Betty Crocker's... 4/5 (144 Votes)