P.F. Chang's Ginger Chicken With Broccoli
You won't miss eating out when you prepare this delicious, Asian dish that features chicken and broccoli in an amazing ginger sauce!
- For the Chicken:
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- For the Stir-Fry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- For the rest of the recipe:
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. fresh broccoli florets
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons minced green onion (green and white parts)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (found in Asian section of most grocery stores)
- Steamed rice, for serving
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 200mins
Adapted from thegratefulgirlcooks.com
At least 3 hours ahead of serving time: Marinate the chicken: Combine the eggs, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil in a bowl. Add the chicken slices; mix well to coat. Cover the dish and refrigerate the chicken for at least 3 hours. When ready to use, drain the chicken well (I used a sieve-dump the chicken in it over a bowl to drain...don't rinse...just drain as much of the slimy egg mixture as you can off of the chicken).
Combine the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce, cover and set aside until ready to use. Sauce can be made ahead.
Place the 3 cups of chicken broth in a large skillet (or wok); bring to a rolling boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer. Add the well-drained pieces of marinated chicken to the broth; cook until chicken is almost done (about ¾ of the way done - just a couple minutes). Before the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove the pieces from the pan using a slotted spoon, and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Keep the chicken warm.
After removing the chicken, but while the broth is still simmering, add the broccoli florets. Cook these until crisp-tender (just a few minutes!). Once done, remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and arrange it on a serving platter in a ring. Keep the broccoli warm. Once you have removed the broccoli from the pan, discard the broth. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and put it back on the stove top.
Heat the skillet again and add 3 TBSP vegetable oil. Once oil is hot, add the ginger, green onion, and garlic... saute for just a few seconds. Add in the stir-fry sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
Add the chicken slices back into the sauce; cook all the way through, approximately 3-4 minutes. In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup cornstarch with ½ cup water until smooth. Add this mixture to the chicken and sauce in the skillet. Stir in the sesame oil. Simmer for a minute or two while the sauce thickens.
Arrange the broccoli into a ring shape around the perimeter of serving platter. Once the sauce has thickened and is hot, pour the stir-fry into the center of the broccoli ring. Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Please take note that the long prep time is inactive prep time. The length of prep time includes 3 hours of marinade time for the chicken.
You'll also love
- Chicken Thighs with Homemade... 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Oven-Baked Bacon-Ranch Chicken... 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Trader Joe’s Kale and Broccoli... 3.9/5 (181 Votes)
- Beef and Broccolini 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Jamaican Style Jerk Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Glazed Pan-Fried Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
Review this recipe