Glazed Pan-Fried Orange Chicken
Thin sliced chicken is marinated in orange juice, pan fried and then reheated with an Asian influenced glaze that includes garlic, ginger and lot of great flavors!
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless thin sliced chicken
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 c chicken broth 1/3 c red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp corn syrup 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger root, grated or 1/2 tsp ground
- Mix #2- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce 4 tsp honey
- 4 tsp water 1 1/2 tsp peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger root grated or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp five-spice powder 1 clove garlic, minced
- White rice (optional) use my "Perfectly Cooked White Rice" recipe
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Prepare the rice: Put dry rice and water in pot. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes. DO NOT TAKE LID OFF DURING THE 20 MINUTES.
Marinate chicken in orange juice while preparing the glaze.
To make the glaze, mix the brown sugar, cornstarch, chicken broth, red wine vinegar, green pepper, corn syrup, garlic, and ginger root (or ground ginger if using). Cook on low to medium heat until it begins to boil.
Add the hoisin sauce, honey, 4 teaspoons of water, additional ginger, five spice powder, and additional minced garlic Cook until low boil. Keep heat as low as possible while cooking the chicken.
Spray skillet a little heavily with cooking spray. Cook chicken until done, about 5 minutes. Save cooked pieces in foil covered bowl while cooking remainder chicken until done.
Add all chicken pieces back to skillet & add glaze sauce. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Serve with cooked white rice.
You'll also love
- Chicken Salad with Wild Rice 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Roasted Whole Chicken 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Orange Shrimp 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Baked Orange Roughy Italian-Style 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Sticky Thai Peanut Orange Chicken... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Asparagus and Chicken Stir-fry 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chipotle Cashew Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Crispy Pan-Fried Chicken 4.3/5 (9 Votes)